Thursday, April 2, 2009

After writing about the traditional Chinese wedding in my last blog, it really made wonder whether funeral's in China were just as uniquely planned out and filled with various symbolic meanings. After searching on the internet, I learned some very interesting facts about traditional Chinese funerals. I learned that on the day of the funeral, family members are not allowed to get ready all. They are not allowed to brush their teeth, comb their hair, or take a shower, due to the fact that it might bring them bad luck. All of the family members must also wear a certain color of clothing to the funeral, depending on their age in the family. Family members and the deceased, are also not allowed to wear the color red, which I found especially interesting since this is the traditional color of Chinese weddings. After reading various articles, I have learned that not only are traditional Chinese wedding’s filled with various symbolic customs, but traditional Chinese funerals are also.

No comments:

Post a Comment