Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Another aspect of the Chinese culture that I find particularly interesting is how popular fireworks are in China. I knew that China was the first country to develop the first fireworks, but I really did not know anymore than that. I really wanted to learn more about this topic and find out how and who in particular, actually invented the first fireworks. I looked for information on the internet regarding this topic and found some very interesting facts. I learned that fireworks were originally developed in China around 2000 years ago accidentally by a cook. The cook found that by mixing saltpeter, sulfur, and charcoal together, the outcome was very flammable. When enclosed in a small area, he found that the three ingredients exploded. Because of their loud noise, fireworks were first used to drive away evil spirits and disease and then were eventually made into a form of entertainment. I also learned that China continues to be the lead producer and exporter of fireworks in the world and are constantly trying to invent new kinds of fireworks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment